Resident FAQs


Public Works

  • I am new to the Township. How can I get information on trash and recycling pick up?

    A. Garbage and recycling is picked up once per week. To find out days are your garbage days, contact the Public Works Department at (856) 468-1500. Information on recycling is available on line at

  • How should I discard bulky garbage items and appliances?

    Bulk Trash is for residential household waste ONLY. First Full Week of Every Month. Monday – Friday “Only”
    This refers to waste that is generated by the residents of the household. This DOES NOT include the structure and/or the outside structure, storm damage, remodeling or ANY kind or any construction debris. Old furniture may be placed at the curb with your trash, as well as white goods, such as a refrigerator, air conditioner, washer, or dryer or light iron. Doors must be removed from appliances before they are placed at the curb. If possible, please ask the delivery firm that brings the new unit to take away the old unit, which is more cost-effective to the township.

  • How do I report a pothole?

    It depends on the location. Please call 609-588-6212 for State roads such as Rt. 45.
    Please call (856) 307-6400 – Gloucester County Highway Department for County roads.
    856-468-1500 x110 (Public Works Department) for the remaining local roads, or visit our   REPORT A PROBLEM PAGE, so we can repair them quickly.

Township Clerk

Police Department

  • When should I call 911?

    When there is an emergency, lives are in danger, there is serious injuries or medical conditions, crimes in progress, or any other situations needing immediate attention.

  • How do I get a copy of a police report?

    Inquiries concerning the availability of police reports may be directed to the police records bureau at 405 Main Street Mantua Nj 08051 or by calling 856-468-1920, option 2 for records, option 1 for Mantua, and then either option 1 for crash and firearms or option 2 for anything else records related.

  • How do I get a copy of a traffic accident report?

    Copies of traffic accident reports may be obtained at If the report you are looking for is not available contact the Mantua Police Department’s records bureau at 856-468.1920 and follow the menu directions above.

  • What should you do if you see a crime occurring?
    • Call 911 immediately.
    • Be observant and make mental notes.
    • Are there any weapons involved?
    • What is the address?
    • Any physical characteristics such as height, weight, race, beard, or scars?
    • Any clothing description?
    • How many people involved?
    • Are the persons involved on foot or in a vehicle?
  • How do I apply for a firearms identification card or permit?

    Application for permits to purchase a firearms or to obtain a firearms identification card can be obtained in person at the Mantua Police Department’s record bureau at 405 Main Street Mantua, NJ 08051. Most of the forms you will need can be downloaded on the police departments firearms page.

  • What do I do if I’m a victim of identity theft?

    In most cases if you are a victim of identity theft, it is best to report the incident to the police department and the State of New Jersey Division of Consumer Affars at or (800) 242-5846. When reporting a case of identity theft to the Mantua Township Police, an officer will take a report and provide you with a case number and an information packet to fill out.
    Contact your credit card companies, creditors, banks, and financial institutions to cancel your accounts.
    Notify all of the Credit Reporting Bureaus to put a fraud alert on your credit and obtain a copy of your credit report, free of charge to New Jersey Residents under the New Jersey Fair Credit Reporting Act. (of note, the NJFCRA requires 1 free report from each of the 3 credit reporting agencies)
    Equifax – (800) 525-6285
    Experian – (888) 397-3742
    Trans Union – (800) 680-7289
    Contact the Federal Trade Commission and Social Security Administration (and if your passport was stolen, the US Department of State).
    Federal Trade Commission – (877) 438-4338
    Social Security Administration – (800) 269-0271
    US Department of State – (202) 955-0430
    If your drivers license was stolen, file a report with us and then contact the Motor Vehicle Commission’s Security and Investigations office at (609) 984-5279 or online at:

  • How do I compliment or commend a police officer for doing a good job?

    Email Lieutenant Jeff Ferry at with the details of what took place. We have a specific program to document this and he will be sure to add it.

  • How do I apply for a New Jersey firearms purchaser identification card and/or a permit to purchase a handgun?

    Application forms for applying for a New Jersey Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or a Permit to purchase a Handgun can be obtained at the MantuaTownship Police Department anytime or the forms can be downloaded by clicking Here.

  • I have been involved in a motor vehicle crash in Mantua Township. What should I do?

    If a police report has been made, Notify your insurance company and advise them that you have been involved in a motor vehicle crash. Advise them of the location by street and town where the crash occurred.
    In 4 to 8 business days contact the Police Clerk at 856-468-1920 and inquire as to whether or not the report is ready to be picked up.
    Be aware that sometimes reports are not ready in the 4 to 8 business days. Sometimes officers may need to make corrections before the report is approved. In crashes that are of a more serious nature reports take a longer time to be completed because there is more investigation to do.
    If no police report was made.
    Notify your insurance company and advise them that you have been involved in a motor vehicle crash. Advise them of the location by street and town where the crash occurred.
    You will need to come into police headquarters and file a walk in or late report.