Office of Vital Statistics
General & Contact Information
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Office of Vital Statistics provides the following:
- Certified Copies of Vital Records:
- Death Certificates
Important – Certified Copies of Vital Records are only available for those events that occurred in Mantua Township
- Applications for Marriage Licenses
Applications for New Jersey Marriage Licenses must be obtained from the Municipal Registrar’s Office in the municipality where either partner resides. If both partners are from out of state, they may apply at the Municipal Registrar’s Office in the municipality where the ceremony will take place.
Both partners and one witness who is 18 years of age or older, and knows the couple, must appear at the Municipal Registrar’s Office at the time of application. Each party will require proof of residency such as a driver’s license, lease, or tax return.
There is a 72-hour waiting period between the filing of the application and the issuance of the license. This 72-hour waiting period begins at the time the application is filed with the Local Registrar.
- $28 for Marriage License
- $15 for the first certified copy of a vital record
- $10 for the second certified copy of the same record ordered at the same time
- $2 for any additional certified copies
- Payments are to be made via cash, check, or money order, payable to Mantua Township
- We do not accept credit cards or debit cards