Just a few more months until the big event!
If you are interested in being a part of our 2017 Fall Festival,
please fill out the application below by September 29, 2017.
April is National Safe Digging Month and staying away from underground utility lines is as easy as 8-1-1. That is the underground utility locating service number to call before you put a shovel into the ground. Installing a mailbox, building a deck, planting a tree and laying a patio are all examples of digging projects where a call to 811 should be one of the first steps you take. Calling 811 before you dig will prevent damage to underground electric and gas lines and keep you, your family and neighbors safe.
Click the link below (811 Dig) to receive additional information for safe digging and offer more information about Atlantic City Electric.
Rowan University, in conjunction with Senate President Steve Sweeney and Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, is pleased to announce that the Spanish multinational veterinary pharmaceutical company HIPRA will establish its North American headquarters at the South Jersey Technology Park at Rowan University in Mantua Township, New Jersey. The firm will purchase 25 acres of the Tech Park’s 180 acres on Rowan’s West Campus, located about a mile from its main campus in Glassboro. To learn more about this company’s expansion into our very own backyard Click here
The Gloucester County Board of Chosen Freeholders, in cooperation with Rowan College at Gloucester County, has established the “Gloucester County Internship Scholarship Program,” an initiative created to provide qualified, first-year students with a potential two-year tuition and fees award, along with field-specific work experience. This selective program will award students one free academic year at RCGC (tuition and academic-related fees), with the opportunity for scholarship renewal for a second year.
To learn more about this astounding opportunity Click Here
Out with the old and in with the new!
Mantua is proud to announce that we have done a little surgery on our Chestnut Branch Park Pavilion. We replaced our original roof deck and fascia with brand new beautifully stained wood pieces. In addition to our new and improved look we also decided to redo our entire concrete pad. Chestnut Branch Park is waiting to show off its new look so don’t hesitate to stop by and enjoy the new spot!
JANUARY IS RADON AWARENESS MONTH IN THE TOWNSHIP OF MANTUA
Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that is the second leading cause of lung cancer. Exposure to radon can kill as many as 500 people in New Jersey each year. The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and the United States Environmental Protection Agency are collaborating during the month of January to promote the need for radon testing in an effort to protect the lives of our State’s residents.
*If all New Jersey homes with radon concentrations at or above 4 pCi/L were mitigated, about 83 lives could be saved this year!
Mantua Township would like to thank Mayor Pete Scirrotto for graciously serving our township for the past 25 years. His hard work and dedication has allowed our community to thrive tremendously. Thank you for all you do Mayor Scirrotto!
Mantua Township would like to give a huge thank you to Jean and Ric Edelman for their extremely generous donation of $25-million to reconstruct the Rowan University Fossil Park.
Click on the following links to broaden your horizon on this amazing scientific museum in the works! Making an Impact
We know how important streetlights are to the safety of your community. If you discover streetlights that are not functioning, we encourage you to report outages through Atlantic City Electric’s Streetlight Reporting Web page. Our on-line portal provides a convenient mapping tool that allows you to pin-point the location of the non-functioning light. The system also sends you email updates on repairs.
To report a streetlight outage, visit www.atlanticcityelectric.com. Click “Outage Center” then “Report a Streetlight Outage” where you can enter a pole number or full address to locate the streetlight. We also ask that you provide your name and contact information so we can provide status updates.
If you cannot access the website you can also report a streetlight issue by calling the Atlantic City Electric Customer Care Center at 1-800-642-3780.
2016 is The 150 Anniversary for the Discovery of the Dryptosaurus at Ceres Park in Mantua. This presentation was coordinated by the Rowan Fossil Park in conjunction with JMT School’s Mr. Falcone, staff and the students in Mantua Township.
On August 11, 2016, family, friends, area residents and police officers came out to honor Eli McCarson, a New Jersey State Police trooper killed in the line of duty last December. Mantua officials decided to rename Sewell Park, located at the corner of Mantua Boulevard and East Mercer Avenue, the Trooper Eli McCarson Memorial Park. In honor of the township native who gave his life serving others, this spruced-up park includes not only a basketball court, which was McCarson’s favorite sport, but as well as a memorial space, complete with benches, a new flagpole, flowers and trees. The new memorial plaque consist of a triangle that represents the New Jersey State Police badge and the points on that triangle stand for Honor, Duty and Fidelity, which Mayor Scirrotto stated, all of which characterize and represent Eli’s qualities as an officer and a person. For the state police, the park will become a place of daily remembrance, he said, noting that troopers passing the memorial will stop to salute Eli and honor his sacrifice. McCarson’s mother stated that she hopes park not only serves as a place to remember her son, but to remember all who dedicate their lives to public service on a daily basis.
- Project Medicine Drop– The Mantua Township Police Department participates in “Project Medicine Drop”, which is a program where “prescription drug boxes” are installed at participating New Jersey Police departments.Residents or non-residents can drop off unused and/or expired medications safely, securely, and anonymously. It is available seven days per week,
- Child Safety Seat Installation The Police Department has two officers trained in the inspection and proper installation of child safety seats who are available to anyone, township resident or not, who has a question or requests assistance on the proper installation of a child safety seat.
- Bulk Trash Bulk Trash is residential household waste. This refers to waste that is generated by the residents of the household. This DOES NOT include the structure and/or the outside structure, storm damage, remodeling or ANY construction debris. Old furniture may be placed at the curb with your trash on bulk week.
- Zero- Tolerance Policy on Littering The Township recently installed new road signs that state” TAKE PRIDE, this is MANTUA TOWNSHIP”, in hopes that the local residents and even those who travel throughout the town will think twice about throwing trash on the side of the roads.
- New Cell Phone Law Effective July 1, 2014, the fines for talking or texting on a hand-held wireless communications device will increase. First time offenders will face a fine of at least $200.
- How to Report a Street Light Out Atlantic City Electric services more than 80,000 street lights throughout South Jersey. We believe street and area lights are an important community safety feature. We thank you for taking the time to make us aware of problems that may include lights that are out, flickering or that have been damaged. Specific information that you can provide regarding the location, address, pole number of the light will help our field personnel make repairs.
- Mantua Township Police Department Communicates with our Residents In an effort to better communicate with the residents of Mantua Township, the Police Department has started using a communications system that allows residents to receive information ranging from critical alerts to community news.